E-type Definitive History - (Second Edition)
Fewer than 15 copies remaining!
This is an updated edition of a classic book that was first published in 1989 and remained in print for 20 years.
The E-type was, and still is, a uniquely charismatic and important British sports car – and this remarkable book provides the ultimate tribute to it.
With lots of new information and illustrations, and presented in a handsome design in a larger format, this book is a ‘must-have’ for all enthusiasts of the Jaguar E-type.
- Early days: design and development; launch and reaction; specification and production.
- The 3.8: launch as roadster and fixed-head coupé; development and evolution; early racing activities; invading the USA as the XKE.
- The competition cars 1962–64: development of the lightweight versions for racing; their successes – and failures – in GT classes of international racing.
- The 4.2-litre: a bigger engine for 1964; subsequent evolution through to Series II form; the 2+2 (a third body style) arrives in 1966.
- The Series III: the final model gets Jaguar’s awesome 5.3-litre V12 engine; evolution through to the end of production in 1974.
- The later years: the born-again racing car; variations on the theme; in miniature; the E type today.
- Comprehensive appendices: specifications; the competition Es and their results; production changes; models; sales figures.
- Previous edition ISBN: 978-1-907085-22-9
- Signed by Author, Philip Porter