Ultimate E-type - The Competition Cars (deluxe edition)
The Lightweight Es are the ultimate E-types, and this is the ultimate book on these charismatic cars. This is the full story of the competition E-types that took on the might of the Ferrari and often beat the legendary GTOs and the AC Cobras.
This book is packed full of material to fascinate and inform E-type and motor-racing enthusiasts..
- Lively, authoritative, intriguing, definitive
- A chapter for each of the 12 cars
- The full Lightweight E story
- The history of the E2A prototype
- The development story of Jaguar’s answer to the GTO
- The driving impressions of E v. Cobra v. GTO
- Revelations from Adrian Newey
- Why a fresh water mussel was found in one car!
- Masses of fresh information
- The early racers to the final Low Drag Coupés
- Stunning period and studio photography
- Over 200 interviewed including Sir Jackie Stewart, Dan Gurney, Roy Salvadori, Martin Brundle, Brian Redman, ‘Whizzo’ Williams, John Coombs…
- Almost every owner of each car traced
- Part 1 – Period Story, Part 2 – The Cars, Part 3 – Evaluation
- By Philip Porter, award-winning author of over 15 Jaguar books.
- de Luxe edition hand-bound by expert book restorer and bookbinder Trevor Lloyd.
Hardback, 528 pages, 11.22" x 10.22" (285mm x 260mm), limited to only 150, leather-bound with cloth slip-case.Signed by Philip Porter. Made to order.
For more information on the author, Philip Porter, visit our Author Profiles page.