Jaguar Lightweight E-type - the autobiography of 49 FXN (deluxe signed edition)
Special signed limited edition - bound in dark green leather with gilt edges, and cased in a grey cloth slip-case. As a special touch, there is an embossed reproduction of the number plates, on the front cover. Limited to 100 copies and is signed by Peter Lumsden, Peter Sargent, Dr Samir Klat, Philip Porter & James Page.
This book includes information on:
• The 1963 season in ‘standard’ form, from début in the Nürburgring 1,000Kms to two end-of-season victories for Peter Sargent at Silverstone and Brands Hatch, taking in the Goodwood TT, too.
• A full account of the car’s modification over the winter of 1963/64, its aerodynamic and engine development masterminded by Dr Samir Klat and Prof Harry Watson.
• Complete coverage of the 1964 season, including the Le Mans 24 Hours and a return to the Nürburgring 1,000kms and Goodwood TT.
• One more season with Peter Lumsden, prior to his retirement from racing, brought wins at Crystal Palace and Brands Hatch in 1965.
• Competition through the second half of the 1960s with various owners, one of whom, John Scott-Davies, famously put 49 FXN into the lake at Oulton Park.
• The car’s rise to collectability in later years documented in full, including restoration and historic racing.
• The rich racing record of 49 FXN includes guest appearances in recent years by star drivers such as Willie Green, Derek Bell and Gerhard Berger.
• Nearly 300 period images, many previously unpublished, supported by a portfolio of studio photography.