Graham Hill Scrapbook 1929-1966 (Limited Edition)
Fewer than 30 copies remaining in stock!
Limited Edition, just 500 worldwide, leather-bound hardback & slipcase, individually numbered and signed by the author, Philip Porter and ex motor racing World Champion, Damon Hill.
This book on Graham Hill (1929 – 66) charts the rise of a motor racing legend.
It follows Hill from his childhood, through his humble beginnings as an apprentice and unpaid mechanic, to the heights of World Championship fame. This book concludes in 1966 with Hill’s superb Indianapolis win.
World Championship, the Indianapolis 500 and the Le Mans 24-Hour race.
More than a biography, the Graham Hill Scrapbook is a highly personal account of the courage and single-minded determination required to build a career in motor racing. It is made all the more enjoyable by being permeated with Hill’s great personal charm and beguiling sense of fun.
This beautifully-designed, and well-presented, large format work is entirely based upon Hill’s personal scrapbooks, keep-sakes, press-cuttings and recorded views of his life in racing. It is enriched throughout by Hill’s own reminiscences, plus those of his family, colleagues and friends.
- A beautifully-designed and well-presented large format book.
- Entirely based on Graham Hill’s own scrapbook collection and written memoirs.
- The excitement and danger of motor-racing in the 50s & 60s captured through glossy period
- photography and stylish archival text.
- Follow Hill to his first World Championship win (1962) and to Indianapolis success (1966)
- Hill’s drives, including Lotus, Ferrari, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Porsche, Lola, McLaren …
- Hill’s races/rallies including Monaco, Le Mans, Monte Carlo, Targa Florio, Nassau Speed Week, worldwide Grands Prix, Sebring 12-Hours …
- Sir Stirling Moss, Mario Andretti, Sir Jack Brabham, Dan Gurney, John Surtees, Chris Amon & Tony Brooks give their personal views on Hill and his career.
For more information on author, Philip Porter please view his profile page.