Barry Cryer Comedy Scrapbook (standard)
Look inside the Barry Cryer book
Barry Cryer is a national treasure. He has been making people laugh for over 50 years and continues to be at the top of his game.
In his time he has worked with, and become great friends with, an absolute Who’s Who of the comedy world – such icons as Tommy Cooper, Morecambe and Wise, John Cleese, Ronnie Corbett, Ronnie Barker, Michael Palin, Alan Bennett, Groucho Marx, Jack Benny, Frankie Howerd, Kenny Everett, Bruce Forsyth, Les Dawson … the list is endless.
In this book he recounts many stories about the great names, some very funny, some poignant. He talks fascinatingly about humour and the things and people that amuse him. Go behind the scenes of the cult that is I’m Sorry, I Haven’t A Clue, meet Tim Brooke-Taylor, Graeme Garden and Jeremy Hardy. Learn more about the great ‘Humph’. Read the ad libs!
Barry Cryer is one of the great names of British comedy. This is a light-hearted, amusing and intriguing tribute to Barry and a celebration of the best of British comedy. It is a must for anyone with a sense of humour. Especially if you take humour seriously.
This book is packed full of material to amuse, fascinate and intrigue anyone with a sense of humour.
- A behind-the-scenes look at British humour.
- Foreword by Michael Palin.
- John Cleese, Michael Palin, Ronnie Corbett, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Graeme Garden and Jeremy Hardy share their memories of Barry Cryer and give an exclusive insight into his comedy genius.
- Delving into the lives of those Cryer has been close to.
- Spliced with humourous asides and rib-ticklers.
- 400 eclectic illustrations.
- More than a few surprises.
- Share the fun and warmth that is Barry Cryer, a lovable favourite with all ages.
For more information on the authors, Barry Cryer & Philip Porter, visit our Author Profiles page.