Stirling Moss Scrapbook 1956-1960
Only 2 signed copies available
This book follows Sir Stirling Moss through his most turbulent, demanding and, ultimately, successful racing years.
Moss’s career was at its zenith and by 1960 he had secured his reputation as the greatest motor racing driver in the world – although the title World Champion still, frustratingly, eluded him.
He dominated every race arena. In Formula 1 he secured numerous landmark victories, including first GP wins for Vanwall, Cooper and Lotus. In Formula 2, he was all-conquering, driving Rob Walker’s Cooper-Borgward. He also helped Aston Martin to victory in the World Sports Car Championship.
Yet, for all his brilliance, Moss’s rise was far from simple. Racing first with Maserati, then Vanwall and finally the privateer Rob Walker team, he struggled frequently with the unreliability of his machinery but led the most fundamental change ever seen in GP racing – as F1 made the transition from front to rear-engined racers.
Things were equally complex off the track, where the pressures of fame coupled with the dangers of the sport impacted on his personal life.
Sir Stirling’s personal reminiscences bring alive the colour, atmosphere, danger and sheer exuberance of motor sport in its heyday.
- Beautifully designed and presented large format, hardback book.
- Entirely based on Sir Stirling’s own scrapbook collection, featuring the photos he chose to keep, fascinating cuttings and personal correspondence.
- Sir Stirling ‘s first wife Kate talks for the first time about their love affair, marriage and the pressures that finally led to divorce.
- Containing over 100 pages of never-been-seen-before material straight from Moss’s private diaries.
- All the landmark races including Monaco Grand Prix, Le Mans 24-hours, Mille Miglia, Targa Florio, Sebring 12-hours, German Grand Prix, Goodwood 9-hours, Tourist Trophy …
- All the cars from F1 to Sports Racing, including Vanwall, Maserati 300S, Aston Martin DB3S, Lotus 18, Maserati 250F, Mercedes-Benz 300SL, Porsche RSK, Ferrari 290S, BRM P25, Lister-Jaguar, Aston Martin DBR1, DBR2 & DBR3, Birdcage Maserati and Ferrari 250GT SWB.
For more information on the author, Philip Porter, visit our Author Profiles page.