The Automotive Art of Alan Fearnley
Alan Fearnley is one of the World’s foremost motoring artists.
His paintings have won praise from critics and enthusiasts alike, who appreciate his ability to create detailed and technically accurate scenes, infused with a tangible sense of atmosphere and emotion.
This collection of over 75 paintings and 50 drawings, published here in book form for the first time, encompasses a variety of automotive subjects from the great Silver Arrows of the ’30s to the sports racers of the ’50s and modern Formula One.
Each painting is accompanied by a commentary from the artist describing his inspiration and mode of working. Further insight into the art of Alan Fearnley is provided by the current owners of his works and comments from his subjects, including the legendary Sir Stirling Moss.
Alan Fearnley’s paintings are full of atmosphere, technical skill, originality and humour. This collection is a must for every fan of motor sports, classic cars and automotive art!
A timeless celebration of motoring and motoring subjects
- Beautifully designed, lavish, large format, hardback work (248x300mm/10″x12″ – landscape) – featuring 75 of Alan Fearnley’s favourite paintings and over 50 of his automotive drawings, all previously unpublished in book form.
- Comments and insights from the artist, patrons and celebrities from the world of motor racing, plus foreword by Murray Walker.
- Introductory chapter illustrating how the artist works, following the creation of a painting from concept to completion, including eight evolving views of a canvas.
- Reminiscences, recorded especially for this book, from Sir Stirling Moss.
- Featured cars include: Ferrari, Bugatti, Lagonda, Jaguar, TR3A, Lotus Elan, Aston Martin. Rolls-Royce, Bently, Mercedes-Benz, Auto Union, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Frazer Nash.
- Featured subjects: ’30s to barn finds, sports racers of the ’50s, scenes in Casino Square, Monte Carlo, truck racing action, frantic pit stops, relaxed country scenes, modern Formula 1…