Murray Walker Scrapbook
This edition is currently unavailable
Murray Walker is a legend.
This fabulous book on Murray Walker is a unique insight into one of the world’s best loved media personalities. Quite simply, a must for every motor sports enthusiast.
In the fast-paced, action-packed and often ruthless world of motor sport he is a constant. More famous than many of the drivers on whom he commentates, his knowledge, and evident enthusiasm, is a beacon for millions of fans.
This Murray Walker book delivers a very personal, very touching and very colourful look at this multi-faceted personality and his extraordinary career – which has ranged from holding a top job in advertising to the motor sports commentary for which he is best known.
The work is liberally spiced throughout with Murray’s personal reminiscences, wit and charm, and contains over 500 images. Additional insight into this much-loved personality is provided by the scores of people from the media and the world of sport that have clamoured to add their stories, thoughts and memories to the record.
Beautifully designed, large format (248mm x 300mm / 10″ x 12″ – landscape) hardback book. Packed with over 500 personal images
A revealing insight into Murray Walker’s life from childhood to the present day, including:
- His career commentating on: Formula 1, motocross, motorcycle racing, rallycross, touring car racing, Formula 3, Formula Ford – even power boats & trucks
- The two key partnerships that have dominated his career – Jame Hunt & Martin Brundle
- The challenges of broadcasting, old and new
- Away from the track – an insight into Walker’s childhood, army years and career in advertising
- Features a fine collection of that species of verbal gaff known as ‘Murrayisms’ – some of which he may even have said
- Includes contributions from over 80 friends and colleagues – including Lewis Hamilton, Sir Stirling Moss, Nigel Mansell, Sir Jackie Stewart, Jenson Button, Chris Amon, Paddy Hopkirk, Derek Bell, Andy Rouse, Geoff Duke, Giacomo Agostini and John Surtees
Murray Walker book: a unique perspective on a national treasure